Thursday, March 4, 2010

I, Superhero

I am six days post-op from having my carpal tunnel operation on my right hand.


For those of you who don't know, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is caused by repetitive motions with the offending limb. For those of you with your minds in the gutter, go and have a cup of tea and come back when you're sensible.

TYPING caused mine. The tendon in my hand collapsed onto the nerve and caused burning, tingling, loss of strength and other nasty symptoms. So, I went in and had the tendon removed...under local cause I am woman hear me roar! Ok, its was more of a whimper or an OWW, hey that hurt, but you get the drift.

Six days out of surgery. I am just starting to get the movement back and some of the strength in my hand. So, ask me what I did today? Go on...ask, you know you want to.

I cleaned my laundry, replaced one of my dog crates, fixed same crate, swept the floor, picked up the bits of fluff from a torn cushion, hung the washing out and took some off the line. I'm sore.

Why is it that woman feel the need to don our superhero outfits when we should be resting? The day I came home from having a tongue dissection and lymph node removal from my neck (yeah you should see my cool scar!) I was hanging out washing. The day after that ...I was back in the hospital blown up like a frog cause I did too much. Its a woman thing, the world will fall down around our ears if we don't pick up the reins.

Its got nothing to do with the fact that our men are slightly in the useless department when it comes to keeping the house schmicko. Oh they will do their best but its not the same as if we
had done it! And its not quite as good as we would have done it. But, if are going to be anal retentive, thats what we have to do. Because no-one else can do it like we can. So we feel we must wear our Wonderwoman accessories to keep our homes in order.

Now I've said that, I'm going to go and rest...until I notice Tony has folded the towels wrong!

Cheers,




1 comment:

yaya said...

I work in an operating room, helping to make people better...so don't ruin all the good that was done on your hand! Last I looked, no awards are being handed out for the most work done with incapacitated limbs! But I truly do understand the need to make all things perfect, I'm a woman too!