Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Boy....

My Boy, you have done it tough. Your mum left you and your dad, taking your sister with her. Your dad died when you were young and you were raised by your grandparents. You lost your grandad too soon and you grandmother doted on you. We loved you like our own and still do.

When granny died, you lost your way. You thought you found your life partner and had the first of your wonderful kids. Things got worse for you, you fell in with the wrong crowds, you dabbled in crime, you chose the wrong direction time and time again and still we were here for you. You split up with K after doing a stint in jail. You thought things couldn't get worse but you were wrong. Baby S was diagnosed with a heart condition and he lost his battle at ten months.

You got married, had two kids and then split up with their mum. She dumped them in foster care and you did your second stint in jail. Life couldn't get worse and yet it continues to dump on you. You are so angry with everything, you lashed out at us, we could do nothing to help. We have stayed strong, hoping you will find your way back to us. Happiness continues to ellude you.

BUT, through all the hell and the hopelessness, be assured we are here. You are my boy, you have been since I met you and you will be for ever and always. I can be disappointed in you, I can be angry at you but it doesn't mean I stop loving you. Eventually life will get better and we will be there for you. Even if it doesn't for a long time, we are still here for you.

You are my boy and I love you with all my heart,

C

No comments: