Thursday, November 19, 2009

BeTWEEN a Rock and a Hard Place

When I was 11, I was a little girl. I played little girl games and dreamt little girl dreams and had a little girls respect for her parents.

Caitie, on the other hand, is a Tweenie. She is between being a little girl and a teenager. And it comes with all the attitude that a teenager has with a pinch of angst and alot of anger. Everything is so unfair, I'm so horrible, everyone else can do this or that. And when she doesn't get her own way, she throws the most appalling temper tantrums. Bad ones...kicking my solid wood antique dining table across the room bad. Throwing herself against my fridge bad. Destroying things bad. And I don't know how to deal with it.

She is sweet and funny and was fantastic helping out at an Obedience trial the other night. The committee couldn't say better things about her. That, I suppose, is it. Is the one thing I should be proud of. She respects her elders, is polite, goes out of her way to help.

I reckon I can put up withe the next seven years of "I don't like you" if she is good when she is away from home...at least I think I can!


Cin

No comments: