Thursday, March 31, 2011

Catch Up

Where to start! I have so much thats happened that I haven't had a chance to blog about. Valentines day found me with my own sweet valentine. Below is the card Conor made for me. It made me go AWWWWWW! Yes, my delicious little man, I will be your valentine! Caitie and I had a girls night in where I cut her a fringe (looks awesome) and we did facials and makeovers. She had her piccie taken with Nightclub style makeup on. Yes, she is 12 but I am teaching her how to wear makeup responsibly and she likes to look girly now and then. I told her to pout LOL, she took me literally. She isn't a fan of heavy makeup and thinks the girls who wear heavy eyeliner to school look daft. Around a month ago our very much loved Devon X Mask slipped out the back door and took off. Tony and Caitie spent ages trying to find him with no luck. We looked for him everywhere and I called and called. We kept an eye on the local pounds all to no avail. Four weeks later I was calling my chickens in for some food when I heard a tiny little Miaow. I kept repeating the call until finally, around the corner of the neighbours shed, came Mask. He weighed nothing, he was all bones and ribs, no muscle. Very weak and sad but very glad to have come home. For a very big cat, there was nothing of him. He is home and we are happy. He has taken to sleeping wrapped around Caitie's head at night. Yes, my 12 year old still sucks her thumb *sigh* He has put on weight, has a long way to go but is feeling fine and frisky. You know, I am convinced all the weird stuff in life happens to us! Coming home from buying chinese takeaway with a friend, we were both startled to see a duckling run across the road. We put on the brakes and both dashed out to see if we could find him. This involved us introducing ourselves to the owners of the home whose yard he had run into. Picture THAT conversation... Hi...we're not crazy, you have a duckling under your house! So, I took said duckling home for the night ready to find him a home the next day. Imagine my suprise when we discovered this the next morning! One of the neighbours ducks, who had got away, heard the baby and figured she would wait outside and see if he would come out. She flew away soon after I took this pic. We found a home for the duckling by the way. I don't like ducks much, they eat and poop, thats it. Conor had a birthday at the beginning of the year and I just had to share this gorgeous photo with y'all. Check out those freckles! And finally, Titch hasn't popped yet. Here she is two days ago looking rather rotund. I don't think her nipples could get any pinker. Happy Autumn everyone. We had a bried spell of Indian Summer but Autumn has crept up on us with soft evenings, crisp mornings and cups of tea. I love this time of year.






No comments: