Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tiny Babies and Huge Obstacles

It has been the hardest first week of my life with these wee babies. Two days in and they had all rapidly lost weight and Mum had very little milk. I was devestated. After having my four previous litters challenge me in every way, I was ready for an easy one but its not meant to be.

These babies are all being sup fed, taking 5ml each on top of Mums milk every time they feed. I don't get to bed until 11.30ish and get up twice a night. I'm tired but can see the results in that after a week we are almost back to our birth weights.

And to just put the cream on the cake, our choc silver has turned out to be a lilac! Fingers are crossed that everything works out. Its still early days. They have all hit their first milestone and thats to be alive after the first week.








No comments: