Saturday, September 13, 2008

3 Fish and a Wee Kitten

Quick update.

Last Monday I had an absolute ball going out with a friend and his Dad to celebrate Fathers Day. We went deep sea fishing where I can proudly say that I threw up as many times as the fish I caught...I caught three! I generally don't get seasick but the waves were a little higher than usual and the world kept right on rocking. I'm sure that I produced the burley which made the fish come on in and get caught (hehehe).

On a kittlie note~ Our last litter for this kitten season has arrived. Pudd, our reluctant mother, suddenly turned into the Mother from Hell and tried to steal the nine week old babies into her nest. Because she wasn't showing, apart from some ginormous teats, we assumed that she was going through a phantom. Not so! On the morning of the tenth, Pudd went into labour, grunted her way through an hour of contractions and then turned just right so that I could watch her baby enter the world. The kitten took a little to come out so I got to see the little face come through the passage, poke a purple tongue at me and then, with a screech and a yowl, Leetamy Baron Von Mewsn entered the world, all 70g of red tabbiness.

The little man is struggling at the moment as he is a single kitten. He is really finding it hard to put on weight but we do have high hopes. Onelings, as we call them, spend so much of their energy trying to keep warm or find something soft to cuddle up with that it takes them so much longer to put the weight on. We have him on a heat pad with a teddy bear and just pray that he will come good.

Here's hoping,

Cin

No comments: