Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stitches and Witches and Bitches OH MY!

Firstly- the stitches. Two baby Devons, Jigsaw and Peggy went to the vet today to ensure that they do not accidently increase the devon gene pool. Keeping two kittens quiet is a nightmare, especially when they have their sister to rev them up. I swear when Peggy came home that she was on speed. Her eyeballs were huge and she zipped and singed and finally crashed out! Jigs was a little more sedate and preferred to sleep and then sleep, did Imention sleeping?

Witches- Evil girl cats that keep on coming into call when their babies are mere weeks old. Other evil girl cats who insist on hiding their one and only child, driving us to distraction looking for him and then insist that he needs to sleep with us in the bed at 4am!


And the bitches- Well, one lil bitch, Nell Noodle the Staffy and I have entered another agility and jumpers trial on the weekend, fingers crossed that we do well.

And finally, a note about our boy Wombat... When I go down of a morning and hang out the washing, it has become my custom to let Waddy, the stud boy, out to wander around our contained backyard. He has a bit of a sniff and a roll, sprays a tree or two, chats to himself, stalks the grass and pretends to climb trees. I will pop him into the low branches of our biggest tree and he will follow me as I walk under the branch. He then gets to explore the flowering Wisteria and get a good view of the neighbourhood.Yesterday he came flying up the yard, which caused two of my dogs to prick their ears for a second. He then launched himself into a tree and quite proudly meowed as he clung to the branches, "look at me, I can CLIMB." It was a foot off the ground and caused me to chuckle, silly boy. Today he discovered the joys of dancing through the sugarcane mulch, pouncing on wind fairies. It inspired me to pick up a spare length of rope and race it along the ground. There followed a mad dash as he tried to catch it. At one stage he had one end in his mouth and was growling at me, playing tug of war. What was funnier was when my young Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Nell, grabbed the rope and legged it, with the end trailing along the ground and a smoky streak following. Then I had one cat and one dog having a tentative game of tug, until Nell got intimidated and let Waddy win.His final burst of silliness happened at the afternoons romp, when one of my huge chickens escaped and was scratching through the yard.Big brave boy decided to stalk and subsequently pounce on a chook that is effectively big enough to eat him! Again, silly boy.It makes for a more settled stud though and he thoroughly enjoys his out time.
Cheers,
Cin

No comments: